Recently, I was a bar with a group of friends, and it was one of your typical Friday nights. It so happened that a bunch of football players from the local university’s team came in. One guy in particular was relatively cute, with the strong build you’d expect from an athlete. He and his buddies sat down at the bar stool next to me.
I’m a cordial and friendly girl, so I gave the black man next to me a small smile.
I didn’t even have time to open my mouth, before he looked straight at me and said, “Oh, I’m sorry, I just really don’t date black girls.”
I can remember being stunned for a second. I had heard of this sort of thing happening, but it had NEVER happened to ME before. First off, I’m not thinking about dating you. I just smiled! Geez, I can understand having a preference but sometimes preference turns into prejudice. I’m sorry, when does personality come into things?
I remember leaning toward him and said, “I hope you don’t talk to your black mother with that mouth.”
I’m not throwing shade at interracial dating or interracial relationships, because I’ve been in plenty myself.
But, can we not have love for our skin and ethnicity?
- liesbelow likes this
- evilpanda-cuts reblogged this from kawaiibrit
- island-chica likes this
- sheluvsbball reblogged this from kawaiibrit
- sheluvsbball likes this
- chokogyaru likes this
- she-tiff4nii likes this
- dollfacekidd likes this
- trillparadis3 likes this
- momentforreflection likes this
- artsy-panda likes this
- blaqfrog likes this
- hueywasright likes this
- taco-fornication likes this
- blackbeautyappreciation likes this
- zosozeppelin87 reblogged this from kawaiibrit
- likelovetothelost likes this
- omgitsstesha reblogged this from kawaiibrit
- neon-taco reblogged this from kawaiibrit and added:
- kawaiibrit posted this